By now most of you know The Breast Place and Empower at The Breast Place ladies are obsessed with Environ skin care, and that our staff, including Dr. Beatty, uses the products every day. We have decided to carry Environ Peels so we can start offering the benefits of these peels to our patients.
We want our clients who are new and old to peels, to understand the Environ Peel, and the difference a non-acidic solution makes.
What are Environ Peels?
The principles of Environ peels are based on physiology of skin cells; these are to be protected and treated very well. If the skin cell is aggressively peeled this disrupts the skins natural barrier and water will easily be lost and environmental toxins can enter the skin more easily. Hence Environ peels remove the excess horny layer of the skin and yet maintain the water-proofing barrier qualities of the skin. Environ Peels are ideal for hydrating and refining; they repair cells and encourage cell exfoliation revealing fresh and youthful skin. Especially effective to treat scarring, rough textured, sun damage, acne and rosacea.
How do Environ Peels work?
Environ have a variety of peeling systems, using acidic creams and gels instead of using acid solutions. These peels preserve as much epidermis as possible while at the same time, getting the safest effective concentration of hydronium ions into the dermis. These peels are designed to preserve the architecture of the skin simultaneously stimulating the fibroblasts in the dermis to increase the quantity of collagen in the dermis.
What skin issues do Environ peels treat?
• Environ peels are an ideal way to treat acne that has not responded to prior simple treatments.
• Rough skin will respond very successfully to peeling and skin that is in need of hydrating.
• Wrinkles and fine lines.
• Solar keratoses (known as age spots)
• It enhances facial surgery.
What will my skin feel like during and after my Environ Peel?
During your Environ peel, you may experience a warm, tingling sensation, however most clients experience no discomfort. After your peel, your skin may feel tight and slightly warm.
How long do Environ Peels take?
Environ peels of the face are generally performed in approximately 60 minutes. However, this will vary if it is combined with a facial or if it is done as a stand-alone treatment. During the consultation, Rachel would be able to direct you as to how to go about the procedure. Speaking generally, one would need a series of peels to treat a specific condition.
How long after an Environ Peel may I return to normal activities?
You must avoid sun exposure and tanning beds. Avoid exercise for the 24 hours after your peel and do not pick, scratch or peel your skin. Make up can be applied immediately. You may experience mild redness or tingling following your peel. One to three days following your procedure, you will notice mild to moderate peeling of the skin that can be concealed with the consistent use of mineral makeup.
ENVIRON’S APPROACH TO PEELING
Cool Peeling with Environ
Environ peeling systems that I use are based on
• Lactic Acid which is an Alpha Hydroxy Acid, made from asses milk,(Lac-Pamgel),
• TCA (tri-chloracetic acid), which is a man-made chemical based on acetic acid. These are very safe and allergic reactions or serious medical complications have never been described, (TCA Pamgels) and
• TCA (tri-chloracetic acid) which Environ pioneered in a cream as a peeling agent to give a controlled, even, safe and effective peel. (Acid Cream Mask – ACM)
Advantages of the Environ Peel:
• Versatile system
• Can be customised according to each client’s requirements
• No down time
• Cool and painless
Why are Environ Peels Different?
Environ is different from other companies producing peels, because Environ pioneered the production of acidic creams and gels instead of using acid solutions.
Since strong acid solutions are usually colourless, one might end up doing a deeper peel than intended as one would not be able to see where the skin has been treated once the solution dries. Also, when a strong acid is applied to the skin it burns a great deal.
Effects of Peeling
• Superficial peels: visible effects barely perceptible
• Skin becomes dryer for a while
• Then skin becomes smoother
• Healthy cells survive
• Damaged cells are removed
• Promotes collagen formation
• Blackheads melted / removed
• Acne less active
• Reduces inflammation
• Kills bacteria to sterilize the skin
• Refines enlarged pores.
Care of Skin After Peeling
• Avoid sun exposure, including sun beds, for the next week
• Avoid exercise for 24 hours
• Avoid swimming – chemicals could irritate the skin
• Don’t rub, pick or irritate skin
• Do not use any Alpha Hydroxy products for 24 hours (normal skin) or 72 hours (sensitive skin)
• Avoid Alpha Cream for 1 week before and after an Environ peel
• Moisturize the skin adequately day and night. The B-Active range can be used immediately after the peel.
• Use sunscreen.
Interested in learning more about peels or scheduling a peel? Contact Rachel directly 843-797-1941 ext 203 or email firstname.lastname@example.org!